Looking for a creative spin on chocolate chip cookies? Try Crunkies! Crunkies are delicious cookies that give you loads of energy. They are infused with espresso and have a great kick! Please - adults only! :)
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons of America Coffee Co. finely ground espresso
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C)
- Mix together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating them.
- Stir in the vanilla
- Dissolve the baking soda in hot water and add to the batter along with the salt.
- Stir in the espresso, flour, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Use a large spoon to dollop individual cookies onto non-greased pan
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the oven or until edges are mildly browned.